Mesa Verde Country is located in southwest Colorado near the entrance to the magnificent Mesa Verde National Park. Our welcoming communities of Cortez, Dolores, and Mancos offer comfy accommodations, world-class dining, microbreweries and wineries, all kinds of outdoor fun, and visitor services.
The Park and its neighboring communities and wild spaces are what make Mesa Verde Country a destination of superlatives and treasures:
- The “Number One Historic Monument in the World” –Conde Nast Traveler of Mesa Verde National Park
- One of the “50 Places of a Lifetime-The World’s Greatest Destinations” –National Geographic
- Mesa Verde National Park is one of the nation’s first World Heritage sites and the largest archaeological preserve in the country
- Two national scenic byways: “America’s Most Beautiful Drive” aka the San Juan Skyway, and “Trail of the Ancients National Scenic Byway”
- Rich archaeological heritage at Hovenweep National Monument, Canyons of the Ancients National Monument, Ute Mountain Tribal Park, Crow Canyon Archaeological Center, Canyons of the Ancients museum, and the Cortez Cultural Center
- Trail systems like Phil’s World, Boggy Draw, and the Sand Canyon within Canyons of the Ancients make this the next great mountain biking destination
- The only true geyser in all of Colorado is located right here!
- Just 40 miles from the Four Corners, the only place in the United States where you can be in four states at once: Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado